Friday, April 19, 2013

Stuffed Turtles

I don't remember where I found this cute pattern, but I like turtles. (These turtles are definitely slower than the Louisville Racing Turtles...Firemen Races in NY.) I made 19 of them in the past 2 days. No two are alike.

I cut out the pattern pieces...this always seems to be the most daunting task. Next, I stitched all the heads and legs and turned them right side out. Then came the stuffing of the legs head and tail. That tail is TINY when you are trying to stuff it. The neck and tail were stitched into the shell next. Then the feet were pinned to the bottom and the bottom stitched to the shell. The whole thing was turned right side out, stuffed and stitched closed. Start to finish took about an hour for each one. I assembly lined though, so this is only an estimate.




I'll add the link to the pattern if I can find it again.    I found the Link!!! Here it is:Stuffed Fabric Turtle

Enjoy!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment