Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My First Jewelry Cabinet


I've just started making Jewelry cabinets for sale. This is my first try. I had a long mirror I found at a garage sale and made a frame for it in pine. I then made the box in pine...twice. I stained it a red mahogany color. I added poplar shelves (also stained) and a blue velvet backing and put it together.
I have 15 necklace hooks and 10 bracelet hooks. The lowest shelf is large enough for hairspray or lotion bottles. The front has a brass knob and the inside has a magnetic closure.

I learned a lot of to-do and not to-do things when making this particular box.

Measurements:

This box measures almost 39 1/2 inches tall by 11 3/8 inches wide. Shelf Depth 3.5".

Shelf Height:
  • Top shelf (10 Hooks) 14 5/8"
  • 2nd shelf (10 hooks) 5 5/8"
  • 3rd Shelf 3 3/4"
  • 4th Shelf 3 3/4"
  • Bottom Shelf 9"



~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment