Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fur Coat Bears

I found these 2 little faux  fur coats at a flea market about a month ago and decided they would make the perfect stuffed animals. The light brown shaggy coat seemed to be perfect for a puppy. The other coat was a dark chocolate or black mid thigh length and was luxurious to the touch.

I found a Simplicity pattern I liked at Joanne Fabrics and cut out the pattern pieces from the coats while making sure to keep the fur direction going the correct way. Not easy to cut!

 The fabric is even harder to sew on the machine, but I did it. I learned on the second one to remember to tuck the hair in as I stitched so I wouldn't spend so long picking hair out of the seem after turning it.

I hand-stitched the animals closed after filling them with wool stuffing. I embroidered noses on both and added button eyes. I found a tie in the lining of the black coat that I used as a tie for the bear. I had a pretty ribbon from Stampin' Up that made the perfect tie for the puppy.

~Sarah


Bear:



 The Puppy:



No comments:

Post a Comment