Monday, August 5, 2013

Irish Blessing

This Irish Blessing contains the following verse:


"May the Road Rise to meet you--may the wind be always at your back--may the sun shine warm upon your face--the rains fall soft upon your fields--and until we meet again--may God hold you in the hollow of His hand." 


 I've often heard it as "palm of His hand", but this version is pretty.

It is from a "Needles and Hoops" kit. This kit was given to me a while ago and I just got around to finishing it in 2012. I lost it when I moved and only recently found it. It is all embroidered in Greens and a Purple on linen fabric. I love all the clover and swirls.

It is not framed so it will be easier and less expensive to ship. Without a mat, the frame should measure: 13.5" by 16 .75". With a mat, the frame should be 17.5" by 20.75". It should be hung vertically.

The Backside





 This type of embroidery has never been my favorite as it is tedious. I prefer stitching items that have multiple colors and patterns to them as they keep it interesting to work on them, but I do love the simplicity of this pattern.

 I thought the pre-printed red would wash out, but it didn't. It still looks cool with the embroidery over it.


  I keep forgetting to sign things, so I added the initials yesterday. I think I matched the green fairly well.

 ~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment