Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wheeled Kitchen Cabinet

I wanted more space for a pantry, so I asked Tom to make me a wheeled cabinet that would slide in between the fridge and the cupboard that was in our kitchen. This is what he came up with.





Olivia found it as soon as it appeared.

The castors have been replaced as the little castors from the plastic bins DO NOT work!

ummmm....how do I pull it out?
I added a handle!

Tom used leftover paneling from the wall for the backing and some 1x10 boards. He used castors from some plastic bins, but they fell off shortly after loading the cabinet, so we have to replace them with something sturdier. I had a cabinet drawer handle lying around in the garage, so I added it. It is a lot easier to pull it out with a handle on it. We left the top open as I wanted to put cereal boxes on it and didn't want to worry about something being too tall. The front of the shelves have an edge to keep the items from falling off. ?I don't know if I want to stain it or paint it. Right now we left it natural. I'll decide later. Overall... I like my new cabinet!

~Sarah & Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment