Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Special Order (Baby Blankets)


I had posted my brown, blue and cream jelly roll baby quilt on Etsy to sell. A lady from Oklahoma emailed me asking if I could make another one similar to it as she had twin nephews due soon and the baby shower was coming up in August.  I found another Jelly Roll and made the front similar, but switched a couple colors around on it.

I found a nice animal print that matched the front colors perfectly and used this as the second quilts back (so they could tell which quilt belongs to which boy).

Quilt 1: The original quilts back.


Quilt 2: New animal print back.


I hand stitched a cream colored binding on both the quilts and tied them with the Ecru DMC floss.

This customer asked if I could custom make a tag for the quilts and sent me a picture of a heart, her name, and the year. I thought about it for a while and decided to use my Stampin' Up Twill tape that I've had for a while and embroidered the information on the till. I then stitched it to the back of both quilts.




I sent them in the post this morning. 



 ~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment