Thursday, January 2, 2014

My New Guitar

My new guitar is finished and added to Etsy. It is going to be hard to get rid of this guitar. I love the pop of color!  https://www.etsy.com/listing/168424922/upcycled-acoustic-guitar-shelf-one-of-a? This specific guitar has one long shelves. I would recommend hanging it using 2 hooks on the attached black and white cord.

Instead of doing my traditional guitar, I wanted to do a horizontal style shelf. I carefullt cut it with my dremel and found an extra block support on the inside of the guitar that was hard to cut. I cut a hard shelf to go into the guitar with grooves for the slats that were built into the guitar. I adhered it to the support I glued into the guitar. I cut a piece of trim and shaped it to the front of the guitar.

I decided to spray paint the entire guitar, so I took the metal pieces off and sprayed away. (Note to self: Don't Spray Paint when it is cold outside!!!!)  I used silver leaf to add accents on the neck and trim along the shelf. A musical themed upholstery fabric lines the back of the inside of the guitar. What a challenge cutting this to fit in perfectly. The final thing was to add Black Rhinestone Sticker Embellishments  and a black and white cord to hang the guitar. I would use double hooks to hang the cord on for added support!







 ~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment