Sunday, January 12, 2014

Baby Doll Quilts

For Christmas, I refinished the Cradle and made a Crib for Emmah. I loved the little quilt so much, that I decided to make a bunch more to add to my Etsy site for sale. Here are the results:


They fit a traditional doll bed or cradle. I took pictures with my daughter's American Girl Doll, Felicity. She has the beds for her American Girl Dolls, but this little bed I used doesn't have the posters or top on it, so it was easier to photograph with. Besides...it reminds me of the bed I had that was my grandfather's bed when he was a boy.

Here are some close ups:

















Baby Doll Crib Quilt, Doll Cradle Quilt, in the Jelly Roll Style with a Flannel Back and wrapped Flannel Binding. Quilts are machine embroidered. Each Baby Doll Quilt is made with a matching flannel pillow. These quilts measure approximately 12" wide and 20" tall. They vary slightly in size as they are all handmade.

If you don't know what a Jelly Roll is, it is a roll of 2.5 inch strips of various patterned fabrics. I stitched the Jelly Rolls together and washed them. I also pre-washed the flannel fabric for the quilts. Flannel shrinks horribly, so I don't use it until it is washed.

I machine stitched the binding on the quilt and machine embroidered the quilt as well. Each Baby Doll quilt fits an 18 inch doll bed or cradle. The jelly roll doll quilts each have a matching Real Baby Size Quilt that can be found in my shop. (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisNThatHodgePodge?page=2#save)

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment