Monday, January 20, 2014

A New Jelly Roll Quilt

Baby Boy or Baby Girl Quilt - Jelly Roll Style with Flannel Back - Orange and Blue



If you don't know what a Jelly Roll is, it is a roll of 2.5 inch strips of various patterned fabrics. I stitched the Jelly Rolls together and washed them. I also pre-washed the flannel fabric for the quilts and the fabric I wanted to use as a binder to prevent shrinkage later on.

I machine quilted the quilt using decorative stitches. I did the same to the binding fabric. Normally I hand tie it and hand bind it. I decided a decorative machine stitch would be nice for this one.

This quilt has a variety of beautiful patterned fabrics in orange, blue, yellow, and green. (The reverse side has a bit of pink as well. It has a bright geometric flannel backing in numerous bright colors. It is bound with an orange Batik fabric.

My Jelly Roll Quilts are about 29" wide and 42" tall.

I have a matching Doll Quilt that was made along with it. You can find them at Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/176459358/baby-boy-or-baby-girl-quilt-jelly-roll?ref=listing-shop-header-1 .

~Sarah




Decorative Machine Quilting

Matching Doll Quilts:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment