Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lost Guitar Post! My Guitar Shelves!

Last fall I started to make guitar shelves. Somehow, my post disappeared, so... I am re-posting it.

Tom found a couple guitars at garage sales and brought them home for me. They were not in good shape, so fixing them to play was not an option. I decided to make shelves out of them. This what came of them:

I used my Dremel to cut open the guitars. The first guitar had 2 cross bars in the back when I cut it open. The second Guitar had 3. now I knew how many shelves each would have. I added wooden support bars along the inside to support the shelves. I sanded everything and carefully sprayed the front of the guitars and the inside of the guitars black.

The first guitar I sprayed the hard wood shelves I added black. (Adding hard wood shelves to a curved area with a small opening is quite a challenge when the shelves do NOT bend. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to manage it.)

To complete the first guitar, I went into my scrap booking stash and carefully cut and glued the pages I chose to the back using the guitars natural dividers as section dividers. 

Note: This guitar was the first to sell and has shipped to Texas.




 The second guitar I made had 3 natural shelf dividers. I prepped it the same way as the first, however, I stained the shelves and edged them with black instead. I wanted to highlight more of the natural wood as this guitar had a very pretty coloring. I rotated the shelves so they would show two toned. The neck of the guitar was missing the bridge, so took it from the bottom piece I had taken off and adapted one for the neck.

I found some metal words and Rhinestone musical stickers I chose to use to decorate this guitar.

Note: This guitar has sold and has shipped to Virginia.







~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment