Friday, December 27, 2013

NASCAR Clock


I wanted to make a gift for a 6th grader named Trevor. He loves Nascar. I made his sisters Memory Boards, but didn't want to do the same for him. Tom's mom had some NASCAR fabric and bandanas, so I raided her stash and found a Jeff Gorden #24 Bandana (his favorite driver). I cut a piece of plywood to 11"x11" square and drilled a hole in the middle for the clock movement to go through.

What to use for the numbers??? Ashlin recommended using her Lego wheels for the 3, 6, 9, and 12. I had a VERY difficult time drilling through the center of the Lego pieces. That plastic is harder than one would assume! I chose nuts and bolts for the other number markers.

I had a decorative set of gold hands, but I didn't think it matched the Car theme, so I took  a silver leaf pen and changed most of the hands colors.

While putting on the final wheel, the screw driver slipped and I created a whole through the board. What to do to fix it??? I have brads from scrap booking and found one that I could use from Stampin Up' that would allow me to add a flag sticker and cover it with a bubble. Perfect fix for my screw up!

Christmas Day, Trevor said that it was his favorite gift as nobody else has one and he can brag to his dad!

~Sarah and Ashlin




No comments:

Post a Comment