Friday, December 27, 2013

More Memory/Picture Boards made for Christmas

I made 4 other Memory/ Picture Boards for Christmas. I only have pictures of 2 of them as I finished 2 in the middle of the night Christmas Eve into Christmas Day.

I had a little fabric left over from the guitar I made for Etsy, so I made a memory board for Ashlin's room. I made a hunting camo board for Morghan, a Giraffe Board for Emmah, and a Teal Blue and Pink geometric Circle board for Mckayla. Tomorrow I need to make a music fabric themed board for someone else.

I try to find scraps of boards such as Luann, plywood, or siding that are left over. I chose fabrics each person would like and paired them with matching ribbon and buttons. From there, I measured and drilled holes for my needle to go through when attaching the buttons. I found sanding it down quickly is also a necessity.  I added the batting and fabric and stapled the fabric to the back. I cut ribbon to crisscross the front, chose buttons to sew on and used some black cord to stitch the buttons to the board. Then, I stapled the ribbon the the back. Add a hanging hook and ...Voila! Finis!

~Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment