Friday, December 27, 2013

A Doll Cradle For Emmah


A Cradle for Emmah!

Unfinished Cradle
Tom and I found this cute cradle at an auction a few weeks ago. It was made out of a National Biscuit company crate. It was a perfect gift for a 6 year old girl. I lightly sanded it down as I did not want to lose the character from the crate and stained it with the dark walnut stain.





Next I was off to make a mattress and quilt for this cradle.

A Mattress for Emmah’s Cradle!

I found some cream fabric and batting in my stash. I measured and cut the fabric. I Stitched up the fabric and batting, leaving one end open for turning. I then turned the fabric and blind stitched the opening closed. A few hand stitched ties with embroidery floss and the mattress was finished…Now for the Quilt…




A Doll Quilt and Pillow for Emmah

Emmah loves Giraffes, so I found some giraffe patterned flannel for this cute little quilt. I had scraps from a baby quilt I made that I was able to cut to make the doll bed sized quilt. I layered everything and wrapped the flannel over the edges and stitched it in place to make the binding. I machine quilted a flower in the middle of the doll quilt.



Then  I cut a small rectangle to make a pillow for the bed using the same flannel fabric.



 ~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment