Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Owl Necklace



Before Megan graduated from SLU this spring, Ashlin saw an owl charm at Michael's and came up with the idea to make her a necklace. The owl is an important part of Megan's sorority: Chi Omega.


Ashlin chose a strand of square black beads and another strand of bright gold circular beads mixed with clear round crystal beads. We didn't have time to work on it before graduation and I put the beads away meaning to pull them out for her to make....however...I forgot where I put them until today!

Ashlin laid out the beads, and I crimped the wire onto the clasp for her. I worked a little magic and made an attachment for the owl so it could be strung where it lay flat. She strung the necklace and I crimped the other end to the clasp. We hid the wire ends under the beads.

Voila! Necklace complete. Now, Ashlin wants to make more!

~Sarah and Ashlin

No comments:

Post a Comment