Thursday, March 6, 2014

Brown and Black Nature Quilt - A New Quilt for a Baby Boy

Baby Boy Brown and Black Rustic Outside Nature Quilt- Jelly Roll Style

This quilt has a variety of beautiful nature themed patterned fabrics in various shades of browns and blacks. It has a nature themed beige back and is bound with a solid brown fabric. It is quilted with a meandering leaf stitch. I straight stitched the binding on the quilt.

If you don't know what a Jelly Roll is, it is a roll of 2.5 inch strips of various patterned fabrics. I stitched the Jelly Rolls together and washed them. I also pre-washed the cotton l fabric for the back of the quilt and the fabric I wanted to use as a binder to prevent shrinkage later on.

My Jelly Roll Quilts are about 29" wide and 42" tall. They vary slightly in size as they are all handmade.

~Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment