Monday, September 30, 2013

Embroidered and Quilted Wall Hanging entitled "Winter Window"


Embroidered and Quilted Wall Hanging entitled "Winter Window"

I wasn't sure I was going to like this embroidered piece when I first started. I'm not a fan of brown. I do like winter scenery though and I'm fond of farms. I started to really like it as I was stitching it.

This finished wall hanging measures 9" wide by 10" tall.

This wall hanging was originated from an embroidery pattern by Cathy Needlecraft, Inc., "Winter Season" from the Heritage Series. The picture design was adapted into the pattern by Catherine Alexander from an original Watercolor by Rudi Ravasio.

It was stitched on white cotton/linen fabric using embroidery floss. Some of the background was printed on to give it the dimensions and color of the original painting. It came with a frame to mount it, but I didn't like it... so I decided to quilt it.

I found two fabrics I liked to compliment the embroidery and created a type of window pattern. I used brown ribbon and zigzagged it to the panel to make it look like the window panels. I made the binding fabric out of one of the complimentary fabrics. It has a small circular piece on the reverse side to hang this piece on the wall.



~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment