Monday, September 30, 2013

Cross Stitch, Embroidered and Quilted Wall Hanging entitled "The Christmas House"

Cross Stitch, Embroidered and Quilted Wall Hanging entitled 

"The Christmas House"


This finished wall hanging measures 11" wide by 13.5" tall.

This wall hanging was originated from a counted cross stitch pattern by Bucilla entitled "Christmas House" and designed by Jorja Hernandez. It was stitched on 14 count White Aida Cloth. It came with a frame to mount it in, but I didn't like the wood for this stitchery, so I decided to quilt it.

I used Green Double Fold Bias tape to frame in the house and a lighter shade green to bind the quilt. I added some red fabric and Christmas Card themed fabric as well. The house frame is machine stitched with trees and... you choose if the other pattern is flowered or snow flake. (I kind of liked the snowflake idea myself.)

I finished the piece by adding some Pearled Christmas Bows and Flowers. It has a small circular piece on the reverse side to hang throughout the holiday season.









~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment