Thursday, February 6, 2014

Spider Web Pieced Scrap Lap Quilt

Spider Web Pieced Scrap Lap Quilt -
Measures 43.5 by 65.5 inches - Large Lap Quilt

This quilt has squares pieced from fabric scrap strips. They are not meant to line up exactly. (Which is a challenge for me). It is supposed to have a Rustic, Cottage Chic Look to it.

The main color is a denim blue. It is roughly quilted with a spider web free hand style pattern. The stitching is done in Red thread and the backing fabric is solid brown.

The Binding is machine stitched on it with a star burst pattern I hoped would look like little spiders meandering around the quilt.

This Quilt was washed upon completion. This Quilt can be found at: https://www.etsy.com/listing/176744863/spider-web-pieced-scrap-lap-quilt?ref=shop_home_active_2

On another note: I started this quilt many years ago and kept putting it away to finish later. I finally got around to finishing it, however, I should have used a spry adhesive before quilting as the back bunched while stitching a bit. Next time I'll do better. I really wish I had a BIG quilting machine, but my little one will have to do for now. ~Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment