Monday, October 7, 2013

Heirloom Baby Crib Quilt with Embroidered Crosses and Fish as the Quilt's Tie -- "A Child's Prayers"

 Heirloom Baby Crib Quilt with Embroidered Crosses and Fish as the Quilt's Tie

"A Child's Prayers"

I found this panel of fabric that I thought would be a great Children's book of prayers, but there were issues with the fabric, so I chose to cut it up and quilt the decorative parts and make a crib quilt instead. I had just enough coordinating fabric in my fabric stash to compliment the pictures. I was debating whether I would quilt or tie this quilt when I decided to add the fuchsia crosses in the small squares. I was wondering what else it needed and the Christian fishes came to mind and I decided they would be perfect. I hand quilted (tied) the quilt using embroidery floss.




I chose a natural cream cotton backing fabric to compliment the blocks on the front. I machine stitched the front of the binding on the quilt. I hand stitch the back binding on to hide the thread. The binding fabric matches the small squares on the front of the quilt.



The squares have children in vintage dress and would make a perfect Heirloom Baby Gift to hand down from one generation to the next. What could be more perfect than a child sitting with their parents or grandparents learning their prayers together.

The following 5 prayers are included on this quilt:
  • Morning Prayer,
  • Lord's Prayer,
  • Grace and Blessings,
  • Thank You
  • and Guardian Angel. 
This is a beautiful tan, blue and pink quilt. It would be perfect for a boy or girl. The finished size is 29 x 38 1/2 inches. This would be a wonderful gift for a new baby, baby shower, or even a Baptism. I've posted it for sale on Etsy at: https://www.etsy.com/listing/165066136/heirloom-baby-crib-quilt-with   SOLD




~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment