Sunday, January 6, 2013

Knit Pot Holders/ Dish Clothes-- Style 1

Patty got me into making these simple potholders / or dish clothes if you prefer. They are very easy to make! I even taught my Junior Girl Scouts how to make them.


Directions: Use Cotton Yarn!! I used Peaches & Creme Brand from Walmart. I skein makes about 1 and 1/2 potholders/dish clothes.

Use US Size 6 or 8 Knitting Needles.

Step 1: Cast on 5 stitches
Step 2: Knit 5
Step 3: Knit 2, Yarn Over, Knit to end of Row
Step 4: Repeat Step 3 until you have 45 stitches on the needle
Step 5: Knit 2, Knit 2 Together, Yarn Over, Knit 2 Together, Knit to end.
Step 6: Repeat until 5 stitches remain on needle
Step 7: Knit 2, Knit 2 Together, Yarn Over, Knit 1
Step 8: Cast Off and finish ends of yarn.

Just a few that I worked on this week.
This is one of my first knitting projects!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment